Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getting Ready To Move.

I've been away from this blog thing for a little bit. I've been busy, to say the least. As you may, or may not know, my husband went off to Virginia at the beginning of April. So I've been home getting ready to move. I've had help of course. Lots of friends and family helping me get things packed up and a few things shipped out. I spent a few days wondering how we would get the cars to the other side of the country. Then Danny called, like he does about every night, and said he would be back here the first week in June and we will drive his truck and tow my car. How fun does that sound?!?! Driving across the country with 3 children. There will be a lot of prayer for patience (and forgiveness no doubt) any volunteers to take my place? Just checking.

We had a WONDERFUL Easter weekend. Danny came home Friday afternoon. I had it all planned out. I picked him up while my eldest was in school and the 2 little ones were with grammy and poppy (my 3 year old came up with the poppy thing) Took him to the school to pick up our daughter. He went to her classroom to get her. I heard there were tears of excitement. They are so close. It's precious. We spent the rest of the weekend packing a few things. Sunday was church and what an amazing event that was. I just love Easter and celebrating our risen King. I still find myself in awe of the goodness and mercy our Lord God shows us. Sometimes when I think of my past life I think how blind and foolish I was. To turn a blind eye to the things people tried for a long time to show me. It's all a distant memory now. I can't imagine a moment now without the Lord leading my life and living in me. How precious a gift that is. Such peace and joy abound in my life now. Friday evening there was a showing of the movie "The Passion of The Christ" at our church. I'd seen it once before not long after I received Christ and it moved me then but this time was different. I was with friends, my husband, and family. Tears flowed freely it seemed through the whole movie. After the film was a worship time and I found myself moved to my knees in praise for the sacrifice that was given for me and those like me.

Anyhoo,

I went to YouTube to watch a video and lost my train of thoughts so I will sign off for now.

2 comments:

About JollyJilly said...

Hi popping in from the uk to say hi
Please visit me anytime
Www. Jollyjillys.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

I am a new follower of FFF blog hop and am enjoying meeting new people.
My place is up for sale so I will be have to pack and move soon I hope. I am not looking forward to the packing but I will enjoy unpacking and setting up a new home.
I am also following you via FFF blog hop. Please follow me.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/