Thursday, August 19, 2010

Learning New Things

As I find myself getting use to this sort of "single" life I am learning that I really don't like it. I'm missing my husband so much it's killing me. Ok so that was a little dramatic. I am not a drama queen. Really I'm not. This is the first time we've been apart for this length of time since we've been married. We'll be married 3 years in Nov.

The first thing I had to get use to was being a sort of single mom to 3 children under the age of 10. Before we were married I was a single mom to my eldest daughter. 1 is easy. 3..not so much. However, I have wonderful friends, wonderful step kids (grown) and amazing in-laws. So I do get some "me" time. It's just a little different.

I am also learning to use Skype. That is awesome. I can see his face..which of course makes me miss him even more. Sigh.

3 comments:

Saimi said...

It's hard being apart! I tell ya though, that Skype is an amazing piece of technology! We used it at Christmas when our oldest son couldn't be with us.

Hang in there!
Hugs :)

Christie Cottage said...

Thank goodness for Skype! Think back to when the only line of communication was snail mail!

Keep you chin up!


<><

Rose said...

Hi! been away due to company and other issues. Hope you are managing whle your husband is gone. i think it's great that you can see him by modern devices. Praying for you and your family. May your husband be safe. rose